“Research Wing of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics” Award
for the best dissertation or thesis
Since 2018, the Research Wing of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics has been conferring an annual award for the best dissertation or thesis addressing old age issues for post-graduate students pursuing MD and MS degree courses in medical colleges in India.
About The Award: This yearly award will include a certificate and award of Rs 10,000.00 for the student.
The selected thesis work will be published in the Journal of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics (JIAG). The selected candidate must send their thesis work as an original article to be published in the next issue of JIAG (March issue). The Research Wing of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics reserves all rights related to this award, including the right not to confer the award if the entry/entries are not of the desired standard.
- The dissertation/thesis should include older subjects (more than 60 years of age), and the analysis should focus on their
- The award is open to all post-graduate students pursuing or completing last year’s MD/MS/DNB degree course in medical colleges in
- The dissertation/thesis can be submitted by any post-graduate students pursuing or completing last year’s MD/MS/DNB degree course in medical colleges in India
- The selected candidate has to present salient features of their thesis work for about 15 minutes during the GERICON-2022. In case the selected candidate fails to make a presentation during the GERICON-2022, then the award shall not be conferred.
How to Apply ?
The application should include a soft copy of the following documents in PDF format:
- A cover letter clearly defines the research question being addressed in the thesis, duly signed by the applicant, countersigned by the Guide, and forwarded by the Principal/Dean of the Medical College.
- An undertaking form (format given below), duly signed by the applicant and countersigned by the Guide and forwarded by the Principal/Dean of the Medical College, must be attached with the cover letter.
- One-page structured summary of the work in 500-800 words should include an introduction, methods, results, discussion and conclusion.
- A soft copy of the thesis.
Eligible candidates can apply through their college before 30th September 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click below to download the application form
YOUNG SCHOLAR IAG KOTA CHAPTER AWARD By IAG Society KOTA.
IAG Society Kota registered under societies act, formed by members of IAG Kota chapter with the aim of welfare of senior citizens and promotion of research, medical education in field of geriatric medicine announces the Young Scholar IAG Kota Chapter Award.
About The Award: This yearly award is being started to promote young physician’s research, clinical and academic excellence in geriatric field.
- The awardee has to present scientific deliberation during annual conference of Indian academy of geriatrics (IAG) This year GERICON will be at KOLKOTA tentative dates last week of October (28-30 Oct 2022)
- Preferentially it will be awarded to a member of IAG residing in India /Abroad who has made an outstanding contribution to the progress of geriatrics. Other applicants if score high on marking will not be solely rejected on the basis of IAG membership.
- Candidate should be of less than 45 years of age.
- The nominee for the award will be selected by a committee of three members appointed specifically for the purpose. The decision of the committee will be final.
- Once awarded the nominee will have to give consent for delivering the deliberation. This is non-transferable.
- The award includes a medal, certificate and a cash prize money of 20,000 Rupees. IAG society shall not bear the travel and boarding / lodging of selected candidate.
- The awardee will have to register for the conference to avail other facilities of conference.
- The selected candidate’s name will be announced in JIAG and website of IAG and JIAG.
How to Apply ?
- The applicant has to submit the filled application form clicking the link below
- Send the necessary and relevant documents and abstract (max of 250 words) of original work/Research/Unique idea / innovative social project/ topic of presentation related to geriatric field to email@example.com on or before 31st August 2022. 5PM
- Selected candidate will be informed either through mail or phone
- For further enquiries please contact :
- Dr Meenaxi sharda- contact No 94141 88400
- Mail Id -firstname.lastname@example.org